Join our family of corporate supporters!
In 2017, we’ll be hosting what will become an annual winter canoe event, an exhilarating addition to the fantastic lineup of Festival du Voyageur activities – 60 teams – on Louis Riel Day, February 20th, the busiest day of the weekend. Our results for the demonstration race held in 2016 were quite impressive. Enthusiastic mixed crews went head to head for a unique and wildly entertaining 200-metre canoe race on the snow.
2017 will also be Canada’s 150th anniversary of confederation. Celebrations will include new and exciting winter activities on the river trail, all of which will be heavily promoted locally and in the U.S. by Tourism Winnipeg and Travel Manitoba. As our exclusive media sponsor, Virgin Radio will promote this event on all three of its very popular stations. These added bonuses will extend the sponsorship reach significantly.
- made the top 10 news items in each of the local media categories
- garnered significant Twitter and Instagram attention
- lit up news feeds and blogs with photos and messages
The Forks clocked 18,000 people on the river trail that day and our race was the central attraction. We’re told these attendance figures compare to Canada Day figures.
- as a sponsor of the event as a whole
- as a sponsor of any one of the various opportunities at the event
- as an in-kind donor of prizes or racer swag bags.
Should you wish to customize your participation, we would be pleased to work with you to develop an alternative that will meet your community support goals. We hope you will choose to join our growing family of corporate supporters.